Boston

Boston was the first part of the United States that I knew. My dad's family is from Boston and my grandparents still live there, so I have always visited them there. Many of my earliest memories as a child were visiting family in Boston. Though my grandparents live in Braintree, which is a little bit outside of Boston, we always go into the city to do fun things. I have always like the atmosphere of New England, especially Boston, mainly because I have spent so much time there throughout my life. It was the first region of the United States that I knew before actually moving here myself, so it was a bit of a shock when we moved to the Midwest, as it is very different here than the Northeast. Whenever I go back to visit family, I feel very much at home in the city.


These days, we always either visit my family in Boston for Christmas or at the end of summer. These trips are always very different, as we do very different things according to the seasons. Whenever we visit, my aunt and I try to get out of the house a lot to do as many things in the area as we can. In the winter, we often go into town to go shopping. We either go to Faneuil Hall or Newbury Street, although I like Newbury Street a little more. Newbury Street is a really pretty, old, brownstone-style street, with many stores and restaurants and coffee shops, for when you get hungry. My personal favorites are Muji and H&M, but they have so many different stores there that you'll find whatever you're looking for.



In the summer, we don't really go into the city, but rather go to one of the many beaches in the greater Boston area. My uncle lives in Scituate, so we often visit him there and go to the beach, which is really fun. If you go to Minot Beach, there is one really large rock which you can climb up and jump off of into the water, if the tide is high. If you go to Scituate Harbor there is one restaurant called Mill Wharf which has excellent seafood. Nantasket Beach is also incredible, though it gets really crowded in the summer. We got lucky one year and went directly after a huge thunderstorm, so the beach was deserted, even though the sky was clear again. My aunt and I also often drive down to Cape Cod, where the beaches are even better. Though it is a long drive, it is absolutely worth it as the beaches are so beautiful and the Cape has a really relaxing atmosphere in the summer. Falmouth has a really nice beach with really clear water, though the water can get a little cold. Centerville has a really nice beach as well, and though the water isn't so clear, it is really warm, which is incredible in the summer. Centerville also has the best ice cream I've ever had in the United States in an old-timey ice cream shop called Four Seas. Though I usually hate peanut butter, their peanut butter ice cream is to die for, and great for a hot day.


Boston is definitely my favorite U.S. city and I'll always cherish coming back to visit my family there.

Comments

  1. Your photos of Boston look gorgeous. I've always wanted to visit Boston, but I never had a reason to visit because I only have one vague connection to the North-East of the U.S.: My dad used to be a professor at NYU and that's pretty much it.
    If I ever go, I'll be sure to check out the places you've mentioned; I'm enticed by your descriptions of Minot beach. Maybe for a college visit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boston is beautiful and I totally see you as a New England person - something about the simultaneous poise and glamour of the city rings a bell about you in my mind. I’ve been to Boston a grand total of one time but I felt as though I was back in the city reading this blog post, tagging along on your family trip. Tbh my favorite part about the New England area is the clam chowder.. It’s so good haha. I’d bet a good dessert would be ice cream from Four Seas - I’d love to try the peanut butter flavor!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boston is one of my favorite cities!! I also have family there, so I try to visit as much as I can. I forgot the name of the restaurant, but once my family and I were wandering around the city and we found the best cannolis I've ever had. I also love New England, and am hoping to end up there later in life, because so much of my family is from there it kind of feels like home to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an aunt and a cousin who both live in Boston, so I have visited them there. I definitely share your sentiments about the beauty of Boston... They took me and my mother out to Cape Cod for fun and a different cousin's wedding, and the place was gorgeous. I'll have to ask them if they can show me the places you mentioned in the post now.... Last comment: the pictures you used are amazing and provided a great feeling of the beauty of Boston.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Berlin

Iceland